01 Aug Big data expert (GEO)
Our team is growing and evolving, which is why we want to expand our team with a big data expert.
As an experienced Data Scientist you have a central role in our “spatial data team”. You will end up in an exciting and rich data environment in which you will work as a passionate Big Data Expert. Central to your position is the analysis and processing of large amounts of data.
- You perform analyses and translate this into customer advice
- You work with various data visualization techniques
- You discover correlations and patterns in large amounts of data
- You transform the data into valuable information for the business
- You evaluate and describe business processes and models
- You develop and implement large-scale applications
- You are the critical partner at our client for the implementation of a big data solution
Are we a match?
- You have a Masters degree in IT or Engineering preferably
- You have several years of relevant work experience in data analytics, data modeling and / or data visualization
- You have a solid knowledge and experience with Big Data frameworks: Hadoop, Spark, MS Cortana, Google, …
- You have a strong affinity with IT and IT consultancy
- You have experience with spatial data and / or sensor data
- You have an excellent knowledge of statistical modeling and tools: SAS, R, Matlab, Python / NumPy
- You are highly analytical and conceptual
- You are Dutch speaking with a very good knowledge of English
About Geo Solutions
Geo Solutions NV is a Belgian company. We focus on the design and development of GEO-IT solutions and analyses that support and facilitate the strategy and operational decision-making process of our customers.
Our solutions, concepts and advice are based on Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Information & Communication Technologies (ICT). Our services are innovative and flexible and situate visibility in the domain of government, utility and large industries.
We provide advice, analyze the needs of our customers, develop applications, we provide training and we implement small and large projects.
Our head office is in Edegem, we offer flexible working places in our hubs in Merelbeke and Leuven.
We have ambition in our company. We offer you an interesting job with nice colleagues from whom you can learn. The atmosphere is good, which really stimulates knowledge sharing and innovation. Your daily work consists of interesting projects for customers, but we also offer you fun extras such as an innovation forum, a lot of learning opportunities within our Geo Academy and in external training courses and of course the necessary portion of fun during and outside working hours.
With us new ideas get attention and you can be part of this.
You work in a flexible and entrepreneurial culture, a dynamic team where creativity and new “state of the art” technologies are of paramount importance.
Of course you work on a competitive salary package. For us, this means a gross wage supplemented with a company car and fuel card, a monthly expense allowance, a meal allowance, insurance, 28 vacation days and flexible working hours that only benefit a good work-life.